Internship x2 (Comms and Research) (16 hours per week)
The Centre for Welsh Studies was founded in early 2017, with the intention of changing the political landscape in Wales, after witnessing the disparity of views between those representing the people and the views of the people themselves.
We work with a variety of stakeholders, from politicians, academics, businesspeople and the third sector, in order to form policy ideas and research papers and promote our ideas through media outreach and social media.
The Centre is a politically neutral organisation and our board of advisers, members and patrons are from a wide range of political backgrounds, who all share one thing in common: we believe the free market is the best way to ensure wealth creation and prosperity.
Today the Centre is known as Wales’ newest and fastest growing think tank. With campaigns focused around tax reduction, increasing personal freedoms and opposing the nanny state, you can be sure; the Centre is fighting for a freer nation on your behalf.
This role would a perfect opportunity for a student.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake basic and complex research
- Actively participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Produce research on policy and political issues relevant to CWS and keep pace of the news agenda
- Demonstrate core writing skills across press releases, blogs, social media and comments
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data
- Demonstrate a good understanding of current affairs and issues related to Wales
Candidates must demonstrate:
- First-class writing abilities and professional spoken English
- Willingness to learn and ability to pick up things quickly
- Willingness to help on administrative tasks when required
- An ability to be responsive and adaptable to feedback
- A positive attitude
- Commitment, passion and enthusiasm in all activities
- Must sympathise with free-market views
Location: Cardiff, UK
Closing Date: 16th October 2020
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will take place via Zoom after 16th October. Start date December/January.
Please send a CV, covering letter and specify which internship you’re applying for, to email@example.com
Applicants who have been selected for interview will be notified by email. Unfortunately, we will not be able to acknowledge unsuccessful applications.